There are presently no open calls for submissions.
All work must be previously unpublished in print or on-line.
File format and administrative details:
• Work should be submitted in Word Documents only. In the case of concrete poetry or work with a visual element please submit as a Word document with an accompanying PDF. In the case of multiple poems, please save and send them within a single word document – it makes our job much easier!
• Put your name in the header of each page of your word document
• Please include your name, address, postcode, and word count (or line count in the case of poetry) on a title sheet
• Save your work as ‘firstname_surname_prose’ or ‘firstname_surname_poetry’ and title your submission with your name as well
Quantity of submission:
• Up to a maximum of five poems totaling no more than 120 lines, or prose up to 3500 words (this can be just one, or multiple stories, but no more than 3500 words in total)
A) Prose & Drama:
• Garamond, Times or Arial 11 point, double-spaced and justified
• If using unconventional typography or layout, please include a pdf.
• Use single spaces between sentences.
• If you are using quotation-marks, use single speech marks for direct speech.
• Use italics for names of newspapers, magazines, books, ships, and trains.
• Use single quotes for names of songs, poems, stories
•Use ellipsis… (with no space beforehand) or endash – for pauses, and emdash for longer pauses
• No ‘apologetic apostrophes’ in Scots, aye?
• Garamond, Times or Arial 11 point
• Use single quotes for direct speech
• Italics for names of newspapers, magazines, books, ships, and trains
• Single quotes for names of songs, poems, stories
• No ‘apologetic apostrophes’ in Scots
• All other formatting is at the discretion of the poet, but please include a PDF if submitting open field poetry, concrete poetry or poetry that uses a variable left indent.
Please consider the magazine format when sending experimental or visual work.
Submissions totalling more than 3500 words of prose or 120 lines of poetry will not be read.
Covering letters are welcome but not required.
Please include a 20 word bio for use in case of publication.
Successful contributors will be paid a flat fee of £25 for work published in the mag, regardless of length or style. You will also receive a complimentary copy of the issue.